Email and/or app push notifications are sent to the assignee, the creator of or the participants to a task, event or note when any of these changes is made:
- The item is completed
- The item is modified
- A file is attached to the item
- A comment is added
For instance, you will receive a notification when:
- Someone assigns an item to you
- An item is assigned to you and someone makes a comment to it.
- An item that you created and assigned to someone else is completed.
Notifications are not sent:
- To team members who are not involved in an item
- When you take an action related to items that concern you. For example if you make a comment to a task assigned to you, you will not receive a notification.
- If you have disabled notifications in your Account Settings.
- If you have not confirmed your email address after registration or an email address change.
An Assignee is a person to whom an item is assigned.
A Participant is a person who is added to the Participants drop down of an item.
The Creator is the person who created the item in hiTask.