Whether you need to schedule an event (no matter if it’s a business meeting or family dinner), hiTask helps you make sure not to miss anything. Here is how.
Add Your Event
- Enter the title of your event in the Enter Item Name field.
- Enter your event description - This is where you can add all the details you need.
- Choose the Event tab below the description field.
- Click Add if you want to quickly add your event to hiTask (You can edit it later) or proceed with the steps below to schedule, share and prioritize.
##Schedule Your Event
- Select a Start Date and Time. Select All Day if you will need to dedicate an entire day to this event - if this is selected, your End date and Time area will deactivate automatically. Use the calendar and time tools to select your desired date/time or type it in using this format: _DD-MM-YYYY / HH:_MM.
- Select an End Date and Time. Just like above, use the calendar and time tools to select your desired date/time or type it in using this format: DD-MM-YYYY / HH:MM.
- Use the Repeat option if your event is repetitive - Choose whether your event repeats daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, between the selected start and end dates/times.
- Set a Reminder to allow hiTask to notify you before your event takes place (if specified) - You may choose to be reminded at the time of the event or at intervals that range between 1 minute and 7 days prior.
- Enable Time Tracking - Check the checkbox to enable the time tracker on this event, then enter a time estimation in hours.
##Share Your Event
Under the Sharing drop down, select who you would like to make this event visible to. The team members you select here will be able to see this event, even if it is not specifically assigned to them. If you do not select anything here, the event will be set to Private. Otherwise, you may choose to share it with everyone in your team or with specific members. Once you have selected who should see your event, you may remove as needed or set specific permissions for each team member:
View and Comment: Users will see the task or project in their hiTask account, they will be able to view the task details and add comments. They will not be able to do anything else with the task, such as to complete, modify or reassign it.
Complete and Assign: Users will see the task, will be able to mark it as completed or un-completed. Users will be able to use Time tracking to log time spent on this task. They will be able to assign it back to you or anyone else who can see the task.
Modify: Users will be able to modify the title, description, dates and other properties.
Everything: Users will be able to do everything, including to Delete and Archive it. Users with the Everything permission are also able to change sharing and permissions.
Assign the event to yourself or a team member. The Assignee is the person who takes responsibility for its completion. Click the drop down and select the desired team member.
Select Participants - They are members of your team who contribute to the completion of the event, but are not the primary responsible - a role that is filled by the Assignee.
Make it Productive
- Include your event into a Project - Select one from the drop down or create a new project on the spot. You can create a standalone event if you like - simply select None in the drop down and it will not be included in any Project.
- Set a Priority - Choose between: Low, Medium and High.
- Add Tags - These are extremely useful when you want to categorize events depending on certain criteria or when you would like to work with specific events that might be included in different projects
- Add a Color Label to further categorize your events, this makes it easier to find them visually. You may associate Color Labels with types of event (e.g.:personal events, work events, etc.); with Projects or Priorities. The possibilities are endless - you can use the Color Labels in any way you see fit.
That’s it! Now simply click Save My Changes below and your event is created.