hiTask allows you to add several types of items to your to-do list. These are: Tasks, Events, Notes and Files. In this article, we will learn how quick and easy it is to add them.
Add basic information
- Enter a Name for your item. Keep it short and concise to make it easier for you to find it later on.
- Enter your item Description in the dedicated field, then simply click Add if you are ready or scroll down to configure additional details. If you want to add the item quickly, you can click Add and edit the additional details later.
- Choose the type of item you would like to add.
Schedule Your Item
Note: If you are adding a Note, this section is not displayed. Scheduling and time tracking options are only available for Tasks and Events.
- Select a Start Date and Time. Select All Day if you will need to dedicate an entire day to this item - if this is selected, your End date and Time area will deactivate automatically. Use the calendar and time tools to select your desired date/time or type it in using this format: DD-MM-YYYY / HH:MM.
- Select an End Date and Time. Just like above, use the calendar and time tools to select your desired date/time or type it in using this format: DD-MM-YYYY / HH:MM.
- Use the Repeat option if your item is repetitive - Choose whether it repeats daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, between the selected start and end dates/times.
- Set a Reminder to allow hiTask to notify you before your item’s due date (if specified) - You may choose to be reminded at the time of the event (on the due date if specified) or at intervals that range between 1 minute and 7 days before your due date.
- Enable Time Tracking - Check the checkbox to enable the time tracker on this item, then enter a time estimation in hours.
Share Your Item
Under the Sharing drop down, select who you would like to make this item visible to. The team members you select here will be able to see the item, even if it is not specifically assigned to them. If you do not select anything here, the item will be set to Private. Otherwise, you may choose to share it with everyone in your team or with specific members. Once you have selected who should see it, you may set specific permissions for each team member (or remove as needed):
View and Comment: Users will see the task or project in their hiTask account, they will be able to view the task details and add comments. They will not be able to do anything else with the task, such as to complete, modify or reassign it.
Complete and Assign: Users will see the task, will be able to mark it as completed or un-completed. Users will be able to use Time tracking to log time spent on this task. They will be able to assign it back to you or anyone else who can see the task.
Modify: Users will be able to modify the title, description, dates and other properties.
Everything: Users will be able to do everything, including to Delete and Archive it. Users with the Everything permission are also able to change sharing and permissions.
Assign the item to yourself or a team member. The Assignee is the person who takes responsibility for the completion of the item. Click the drop down and select the desired team member.
Select Participants - These are members of your team who contribute to the completion of the item, but are not the primary responsible - a role that is filled by the Assignee.
Add Productivity Details
- Include your item into a Project - Select one from the drop down or create a new project on the spot. You can create a standalone item if you like - simply select None in the drop down and the item will not be included in any Project.
- Set a Priority - Choose between: Low, Medium and High.
- Add Tags - These are extremely useful when you want to categorize items depending on certain criteria or when you would like to work with specific items that might be included in different Projects
- Add a Color Label to further categorize your items, this makes it easier to find them visually. You may associate Color Labels with types of items (e.g.: admin, fieldwork, etc.); with Projects or Priorities. The possibilities are endless - you can use the Color Labels in any way you see fit.
That’s it! Now simply click Save My Changes below and your item is created.
To modify an existing item, simply click its title to expand it, then click the Modify button.