hiTask allows you to quickly and easily add Notes and efficiently write down the little things that you might need to do or remember.
Add Basic Information
- Click the Enter Item Name field and enter your note’s title.
- Add a description for your note and enter any details you might need later on.
- Select the Note Tab below.
- Click Add to create a quick note (You can edit it later) or continue with the steps below to share, tag and prioritize.
Share Your Note
Under the Sharing drop down, select who you would like to make this note visible to. The team members you select here will be able to see this note, even if it is not specifically assigned to them. If you do not select anything here, the note will be set to Private. Otherwise, you may choose to share it with everyone in your team or with specific members. Once you have selected who should see your note, you may remove as needed or set specific permissions for each team members:
View and Comment: Users will see the task or project in their hiTask account, they will be able to view the task details and add comments. They will not be able to do anything else with the task, such as to complete, modify or reassign it.
Complete and Assign: Users will see the task, will be able to mark it as completed or un-completed. Users will be able to use Time tracking to log time spent on this task. They will be able to assign it back to you or anyone else who can see the task.
Modify: Users will be able to modify the title, description, dates and other properties.
Everything: Users will be able to do everything, including to Delete and Archive it. Users with the Everything permission are also able to change sharing and permissions.
Assign the note to yourself or a team member. The Assignee is the person who takes responsibility for the completion of the note. Click the drop-down and select the desired team member.
Select Participants - They are members of your team who contribute to the completion of the note, but are not the primary responsible - a role that is filled by the Assignee.
##Make it Productive
- Include your note into a Project - Select one from the drop-down or create a new project on the spot. You can create a standalone note if you like - simply select None in the drop-down and the note will not be included in any Project.
- Set a Priority - Choose between: Low, Medium and High.
- Add Tags - These are extremely useful when you want to categorize notes depending on certain criteria or when you would like to work with specific notes that might be included in different projects
- Add a Color Label to further categorize your notes, this makes it easier to find them visually. You may associate Color Labels with types of notes (e.g.: ideas, draft to-do list, etc.); with Projects or Priorities. The possibilities are endless - you can use the Color Labels in any way you see fit.
That’s it! Now simply click Save My Changes below and your note is created.