##Removing an Active Project
To remove a Project, simply click it to expand its options, then choose one of the following options:
- Remove the Project and its Tasks.
- Remove the Project, but keep the Tasks. In this case, the Tasks will remain in your hiTask as standalone Tasks, not associated with a Project. You can change this by modifying the Tasks afterwards.
Please keep in mind that this process is irreversible. If you want to just take the project out of your way, but still keep it for future use, please see the Archiving feature below!
Archiving a Project:
The Archive feature allows you to store Items and Projects that you have completed and no longer require your attention, but that you don’t necessarily want to remove. You can keep such Projects for information or reporting purposes, or you can use them as templates for future similar Projects.
- Select the Projects view in your Dashboard
- Expand the desired Project
- Click Remove/Archive
- Select Move to Archive
Restoring an archived Project:
- Select the Archive section at the top of your hiTask Dashboard.
- Find your project in the list.
- Select Restore if you would like to restore this project completely, without keeping a copy in the Archive; or Restore copy, if you would like to copy it as an active Project, but still keep it in the Archive as well. This is particularly useful when you create Project templates.